PublishDrive, the only self-publishing platform you need to publish, promote, and sell your books in the digital age is hiring a new DevOps Expert!
PublishDrive makes publishing easy and smart in the digital age. PublishDrive is a trusted partner in the indie publishing community, building digital tools and solutions for global ebook, print-on-demand, and audiobook distribution. In one dashboard, take care of all-things-publishing including marketing, finance management, and book sales with access to the widest global distribution network.
We are ready to take the next steps with our new DevOps Expert colleague in our awesome team. Our new teammate will be responsible to ensure the high-quality operations and problem handling of our applications.
- supervise self-developed applications, ensure continuity. Perform troubleshoot and report/fix bugs, escalate problems to development team
- participate in development process:
- understand user needs and context of new features
- recommend changes to plans according to maintenance and QA point of view
- perform manual tests against newly developed functions, features before release
- performs release tasks
- track the newly released features results
- set up and supervise database synchronization jobs, perform occasional ones
- keep conversation with technical contacts of PublisDrive’s partners (Apple, Amazon, Google, etc.)
- Creating reports, handling and serving custom data requests
- solve technical issues escalated by support team
- Proactive, problem solving attitude
- Excellent SQL knowledge (we use MySQL)
- Min. 2-3 years of work experience
- Experience in web server applications: Apache, PHP
- Experience in Linux OS
- Excellent English communication skills both in verbal and written on an everyday basis
- Adaptive attitude to a fast-changing environment
- Basic XML knowledge
- Routine and confidence in using office software products such as MS Office
- Independent and self-directed work
- Experience in bash scripting
- Experience in any ETL tool, task
- Technical knowledge/experience in electronic book formats (epub, mobi)
- Knowledge in advanced web technologies, frameworks (PHP Zend, JQuery)
- Experience in ticketing system (JIRA, Gemini, Zendesk)
- Experience in web automation tools, such as Selenium
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary
- Young and fun work environment in a scaling startup company
- International clients with a daily base usage of English skills
- Self-directed work with autonomy and the focus on results
- Self-actualization will be a part of your life
Way of work
- Full-time employee status
- Office at Budapest, XIII.
Please send your CV to email@example.com and in your message state very shortly (in only one short paragraph) why you are interested in this job.